- Does the author have expertise in the area?
- Does the author provide credentials or professional associations?
- Is contact information given?
- Is it a .com site (commercial)
- Can the site's information be verified elsewhere, e.g., in a print source, links from other sites?
- Is there proof of research, e.g., a bibliography?
- Can you detect any bias on the site, e.g., is the site trying to sell you a product or point of view?
- Is the site sponsored by an organization or business?
- Is there an "About" link?
- Are there advertisements?
- Is there a date of publication and/or a date the site was updated?
- Are there dead links on the website?
Try these criteria out on this website: