Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
IRC Search Box
The IRC Search Box searches:
- Print collection (see below)
- All IMSA subscribed electronic databases for articles
- Numerous ebook collections we have access to through our consortium. These collections ARE NOT included in the individual databases listed below
- Searches by ebook chapter which can provide you with additional search results
- Scholarly open access journal articles
- Print books owned at other Illinois academic libraries (choose I-Share) that can be borrowed for you
Because of the large number of resources available through the consortium and the open access journals, I recommend you begin your search with the search box.
Below are links to individual databases. You may prefer searching them as opposed to the search box above.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
Ebook Central Academic Complete
A collection of tens of thousands of academic ebooks on a large variety of topics.
Gale eBooks (formerly known as Gale Virtual Reference Library)
Encylopedias & other e-books covering history, sociology, science, literature, world cultures & the environment.
Collection of 2,000s+ scholarly journals and primary documents in a variety of subjects including history, literature, and science. Note: some titles have an embargo on the most recent year(s). Ask the IRC for details.
Scholarly journals and ebooks from major university presses covering literature and criticism, history, performing arts, cultural studies, education, philosophy, political science, gender studies, and more.